I love it when patients leave their acupuncture treatment feeling relaxed and pain-free. Sometimes, however, between acupuncture treatments, our patients will lift a heavy box or feel some knee pain after a jog. That’s why I like for patients to have a bottle of herbal magic to spray when pain or inflammation rear their ugly heads.
Quick Links to the Sections Below
Zheng Xie Gu Shui
Evil Bone Water, or Zheng Xie Gu Shui, is my favorite herbal liniment. It’s full of amazing Chinese herbs that decrease inflammation and soothe you the moment they are sprayed. Dr. Mark Brinson, an acupuncturist and herbalist in Georgia, makes Evil Bone Water using “only ethically sourced, empirical grade herbs.” As an herbalist myself, I can see and feel the quality.
Zheng Xie Gu Shui has its roots in the martial arts tradition of China. It was created to be a topical pain reliever for bumps and bruises from training. Even if we aren’t doing martial arts training, we can still benefit from this amazing herbal liniment.
Evil Bone Water Benefits
Evil Bone Water has many benefits when it comes to pain management. Evil Bone Water is commonly used to treat arthritis, sports injuries, sprains, strains, muscle cramps, pulled muscles, broken bones, and bruises. One patient told us that Evil Bone Water worked faster and provided longer-term pain relief than a prescription topical analgesic.
Evil Bone Water Ingredients
When you take time-tested Chinese herbal formulas and add the highest quality Chinese herbs possible, you get amazing results.
Here is the herbal lineup and why I love these herbs:
- San/Tian Qi (Notoginseng, Pseudoginseng). Amazing herb for pain relief, inflammation, bruising, and swelling.
- Gui Pi (Cinnamon Bark). Relaxes muscles, promotes circulation, and warms the channels.
- E Zhu (Zedoary Rhizome, Rhizoma Curcumae). Promotes circulations and alleviates pain.
- Bai Zhu (Atractylodis Macrocephalae Rhizoma). Anti-inflammatory that helps relieve muscle pain.
- Hu Zhang (Knotweed Rhizome). Promotes circulations and alleviates pain.
- Bai Niu Dan (Inula Cappa DC). Helps dispel wind, lessening dampness.
- Qian Jin Ba (Philippine Flemingia Root). Helps relieve arthritis and bone pain.
- Huang Qin (Scutellaria Root, Radix Scutellariae Baicalensis). Anti-inflammatory herb to help relieve pain.
- Zhang Nao (Camphor). Helps improve circulation.
- Bo He Nao (Menthol). Cooling, heat clearing, and able to help the herbs penetrate the skin.
Evil Bone Water has no animal products. Furthermore, non-GMO, gluten-free, cruelty-free, pesticide-free, contaminant-free.
Evil Bone Water is a Must Try
Evil Bone Water is one of my favorite liniments for pain relief. It helps with pain, inflammation, and improves circulation. I love the smell and the gentle tingle sensation. If you’re ready to experience this for yourself, pick up a bottle at your next acupuncture treatment.
To get started, head to our booking page and schedule your first appointment. If you’d like us to check your insurance benefits, we’d be happy to take care of that for you. We are in-network with CareFirst/BlueCross and Aetna.