I’m a second-generation Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioner
Hi! I’m Qianlei (pronounced Chin-Lay). Born and raised in China, I grew up seeing the power of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). I moved to the States in 2013 with the mission to let more people know the power of TCM.
TCM is wonderful at preventing health conditions while treating existing ones. I want you to know that when you’re sick, you have the option of taking Chinese herbs in addition to drugs. When you have pain, you can rely on acupuncture in addition to physical therapy. This is my mission for life, and I will forever pursue it.
My Educational Journey
During my time in Georgetown University for my Master’s degree in Biochemistry, I was involved in a research on how an herbal extract helps prevent Alzheimer’s disease.
From there, I went to the Virginia University of Integrative Medicine and graduated with a Master of Science in Oriental Medicine and a Master of Science in Acupuncture. Board certified and licensed, I worked in a TCM hospital in Shanghai, China, where I treated over 4,800 patients with a wide range of health concerns, from pain management to oncology.
Education, Training, and Publications
- Dipl.O.M. (NCCAOM)
- Yueyang Hospital Affiliated to Shanghai TCM University, Fellowship
- Virginia University of Integrative Medicine, MSOM, MSA
- Georgetown University, MS in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Georgetown University, Master of Public Policy
- NIH Article: EGb761 improves cognitive function and regulates inflammatory responses in the APP/PS1 mouse
My Interests & Skills
- Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Chinese Herbal Medicine
- Fire Cupping
- Reproductive Health
- Hypertension Treatment
- Fatty Liver Disease
- Oncology Supportive Care
- TCM Dermatology
- Bell’s Palsy Treatment
- GI Disorders
- Mental Health
- Herniated Disc
- Immunity Boosting